This isn’t steampunk, but it could be with a different fabric choice. She provides a lot of detail on how to make the dress and the photos are lovely.
This year, as I have told you before, I am participating in the Historical Sew Monthly. The challenge for March was “Stashbusting”, meaning you had to use ONLY items from your stash. I took that to mean items which I have had for a year or more. Right away, I knew what I wanted to make!
Last year, I was at Hancock Fabrics getting some muslin or something, and as is my habit I was browsing the economy fabric section when a bolt of fabric caught my eye. 100% cotton in a charming print that just looked like it stepped out of the 1840’s, only $3 a yard regular price! To make things even better, I had a coupon for 50% off any piece of fabric at regular price! So I went home with 8 yards and only a vague idea of an 1840’s dress.
I commenced to research, and…
View original post 2,088 more words
Categories: Steampunk Inspirations