When writing it is nice to have some quick & easy recipes to make for my family. Because of the fresh, local fruit and yogurt these muffins are healthier than most and go terrific with a cup of hot coffee.
These muffins are naturally sweetened with seasonal, local fruit (blueberries.) A touch of sugar is added to help cream the butter and is also sprinkled on top. You can eat them warm or prepare them the day before for a breakfast treat.
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 ½ Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar for Topping
- Extra butter for greasing the muffin pan.
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Muffin Pan
- Hand Mixer
- Grease muffin pan with butter.
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of yogurt into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries. There is no need to over-mix it.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle sugar topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
Enjoy a brief glimpse into Starter Zone.
When hydrologists inscribe the consciousness of a human mind onto a single drop of water, a Revelation sweeps the land. The wealthy race to upload their minds into self-contained virtual realities nicknamed Aquariums. In these containers people achieve every hope, dream, and desire. But governments wage war for control of the technology. Terrorist attacks cause massive destruction. The Aquariums fail. Inscribed human minds leech into the water cycle, wreaking havoc.
Street gangs rule the cities in the three years since the fall of civilization. Sixteen-year-old Cami and her younger sister Alby struggle to survive. Every drop of untreated water puts their lives in peril. Caught and imprisoned by soldiers who plan to sell them into slavery, Cami will do anything to escape and rescue her sister. Even if it means leaving the real word for a life in the realms, a new game-like reality created by the hydrologists for the chosen few.
But life in the realms isn’t as simple as it seems. Magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as the sisters navigate their new surroundings. And they encounter more dangerous enemies than any they faced in the real world.
Time to play the game.