This family favorite dessert is a little bit like a cookie, a little bit like a candy bar, and 100% delicious.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 package (12 ounces) butterscotch chips (2 cups)
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Large Spoon
- Large Bowl
- 2 9×13 Baking Pans
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Divide dough. Set half of the dough aside for later.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press the chocolate chip dough into one 9×13 pan.
- Stir butterscotch chips into the second half of the dough.
- Press the butterscotch dough into the second 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake both pans for 25-30 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). The chocolate chip dough will cook faster than the butterscotch dough. Cool.
- Slice into bars.
Enjoy a brief glimpse into my new novel, Starter Zone, coming this September!
When hydrologists inscribe the consciousness of a human mind onto a single drop of water, a Revelation sweeps the land. The wealthy race to upload their minds into self-contained virtual realities nicknamed Aquariums. In these containers people achieve every hope, dream, and desire. But governments wage war for control of the technology. Terrorist attacks cause massive destruction. The Aquariums fail. Inscribed human minds leech into the water cycle, wreaking havoc.
Street gangs rule the cities in the three years since the fall of civilization. Sixteen-year-old Cami and her younger sister Alby struggle to survive. Every drop of untreated water puts their lives in peril. Caught and imprisoned by soldiers who plan to sell them into slavery, Cami will do anything to escape and rescue her sister. Even if it means leaving the real word for a life in the realms, a new game-like reality created by the hydrologists for the chosen few.
But life in the realms isn’t as simple as it seems. Magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as the sisters navigate their new surroundings. And they encounter more dangerous enemies than any they faced in the real world.
Time to play the game.