The Liebster Award is a blogging award where blog writers can nominate other blogs they believe should get some extra recognition. The writer then has the opportunity to add some background information about themselves by answering the questions their nominator listed and also pay it forward by nominating their own choices. Every writer makes up their own questions, so each nomination is an opportunity to share more about yourself.
Thanks to the wonderful Dianna Gunn for nominating me!
- What is your favourite colour?
Of course this starts out with a tough question. “It depends” is the best answer I can give. It really depends upon the item. I love dark blue and silver cars, the orange color trees turn in the fall, the different browns of oak and mahogany furniture, and all shades of pink for items decorating my desk and room.
- If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you would do?
- Cats or dogs?
- Cake or pie?
- What’s your favourite genre?
- What’s your favourite series?
Stephen King’s The Gunslinger series
- Favourite book to screen adaptation?
The Lord of the Rings
- If you could be any character from a book or movie, who would it be?
- Do you read one book at a time or many?
I try to read one and then go on to the next. This doesn’t always work for me as I sometimes need to interrupt my regular reading to review a novel.
- What are you reading RIGHT NOW? (Saying “This blog post” is cheating)
Keeper of the Dawn by Dianna Gunn (the wonderful author who nominated me for this book tag.)
- What’s the one big thing you really want to accomplish before 2017 ends?
I would like to get the second novel in the Revelation Chronicles completed and off to my editor.
Thanks for nominating me, Dianna. This was fun.
OK–now for the nominations:
Dianna Gunn because she needs to keep this party going!
C.D. Hersh who are fellow members of my writing group.
Katherine McIntyre who is an awesome steampunk author.
Carol Browne who is a fantastic speculative fiction author.
Suzanne G Rogers who is an author of sweet historical romances.
Sharon Ledwith who is a wonderful YA fantasy author.
Sloane Taylor who is a wonderful author and cook.
Emma J. Lane who writes sweet Regency romances.
Kara Jorgensen who writes Victorian-style steampunk and fantasy novels.
Anne Montgomery who is a fellow member of my writing group.
HL Carpenter who are fantastic YA authors.
- What is your favorite quote about writing?
- In 10 words or less–what inspires you to write?
- Out of all the characters you’ve written, do you have a favorite? Why?
- Where would your dream vacation be?
- What is your favorite TV show on air?
- What books are you currently reading?
- What’s your astrological sign?
- Tea or Coffee?
- Favorite season?
- Chocolate Chip Cookies or Brownies?
- Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Enjoy a brief glimpse into my new novel, Starter Zone, coming September 25!
When hydrologists inscribe the consciousness of a human mind onto a single drop of water, a Revelation sweeps the land. The wealthy race to upload their minds into self-contained virtual realities nicknamed Aquariums. In these containers people achieve every hope, dream, and desire. But governments wage war for control of the technology. Terrorist attacks cause massive destruction. The Aquariums fail. Inscribed human minds leech into the water cycle, wreaking havoc.
Street gangs rule the cities in the three years since the fall of civilization. Sixteen-year-old Cami and her younger sister Alby struggle to survive. Every drop of untreated water puts their lives in peril. Caught and imprisoned by soldiers who plan to sell them into slavery, Cami will do anything to escape and rescue her sister. Even if it means leaving the real word for a life in the realms, a new game-like reality created by the hydrologists for the chosen few.
But life in the realms isn’t as simple as it seems. Magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as the sisters navigate their new surroundings. And they encounter more dangerous enemies than any they faced in the real world.
Time to play the game.