A good way to use the cherry tomatoes from the garden. My cherry tomato fruit bowl: blueberry, black cherry, lemon drop, and sungold.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/3 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (scallion)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped freh mint leaves or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 (15oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers or pimentos from a jar, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Medium saucepan
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Big spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
1. In a saucepan, bring the chicken broth and garlic to a boil.
2. Add the couscous; stir, remove from heat, and cover for 7 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and transfer to a large bowl. Add the green onion, parsley, cucumber, mint, beans, tomato, roasted pepper, and olives to the couscous, mixing well.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, and paprika, and toss with the couscous mixture. Add the Feta, if desired. Season with the salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
Amazon Audible Smashwords
Spread the love