This creamy cucumber salad is a family favorite. “Fresh” is the key word for this recipe.
I love using vegetables and herbs I grow in my own garden, but you can also find flavorful produce at a local farm stand or farmer’s market.
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or key lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mint
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- Blender or food processor
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowls
- Large Colander
- Paper towels
- In order to get excess water out of the cucumbers put sliced cucumbers in a colander with a large pinch of salt. Put the colander in the sink and let the cucumbers sit for 20 minutes, then gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine plain yogurt, dill, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in the blender.
- Combine the drained cucumbers and sliced red onions together in a bowl.
- Drizzle yogurt mixture over cucumbers and red onions toss to coat.
While you are enjoying this fresh salad, please take a moment to enjoy a glimpse into my new novel, Starter Zone, Book One of the Revelation Chronicles.
When hydrologists inscribe the consciousness of a human mind onto a single drop of water, a Revelation sweeps the land. The wealthy race to upload their minds into self-contained virtual realities nicknamed Aquariums. In these containers people achieve every hope, dream, and desire. But governments wage war for control of the technology. Terrorist attacks cause massive destruction. The Aquariums fail. Inscribed human minds leech into the water cycle, wreaking havoc.
Street gangs rule the cities in the three years since the fall of civilization. Sixteen-year-old Cami and her younger sister Alby struggle to survive. Every drop of untreated water puts their lives in peril. Caught and imprisoned by soldiers who plan to sell them into slavery, Cami will do anything to escape and rescue her sister. Even if it means leaving the real word for a life in the realms, a new game-like reality created by the hydrologists for the chosen few.
But life in the realms isn’t as simple as it seems. Magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as the sisters navigate their new surroundings. And they encounter more dangerous enemies than any they faced in the real world.
Time to play the game.