This is a wonderful side dish for any holiday get together. It can easily be prepared the day before.
- 3 eggs
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Large saucepan for potatoes
- Small saucepan for eggs
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Steamer basket
1. Place whole eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with water and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 12 minutes. Drain and cool in cold water. Remove and discard egg shells. Cut eggs in half. Remove and discard yolks. Chop whites.
2. Heat 2 inches water to boiling in a large saucepan. Put potatoes in a steamer basket and place in the saucepan. Cover and steam 30 to 35 minutes, or until fork-tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into small cubes.
3. In a large bowl, combine celery, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, relish, parsley, salt, pepper, potatoes, and egg whites. Enjoy!
Spread the love