My family likes these muffins without the glaze and they are perfect for a light breakfast.
Muffins that are glazed should be eaten the same day. Otherwise they tend to get soggy. This can lead to unexpected moments in the kitchen when someone goes to take a muffin for breakfast the next day and it crumbles apart in his/her hand, leaving a sticky mess.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange, juiced (2-3 Tablespoons)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cooking spray or paper liners
1. Preheat oven 350°. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or set in paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt together. Add zucchini, milk, oil, orange zest and egg. Fold in cranberries.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 17-19 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
5. For the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth. Dip tops of cooled muffins in glaze, and allow to set.
Spread the love