Until I started posting these recipes on my blog, I never realized how many muffins my family eats! This is another favorite recipe that is nice to serve after the over-indulgence of Thanksgiving.
This is a somewhat healthy treat. The muffins have less sugar, relying on the raspberries to add the sweetness. The yogurt mades the muffins extra moist without adding too much oil.
- 1 3/4 all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 oz.) container raspberry yogurt or vanilla
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raspberries (if using frozen do not thaw, may need longer cooking time)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 bowls
- Muffin tin
- Cooking spray or muffin liners
1. Preheat oven 400°. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or set in paper liners.
2. Mix together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside. Make a hole in the center.
3. In another bowl beat together egg, oil, and yogurt.
4. Add yogurt mixture to the hole in the dry mixture. Stir until almost blended.
5. Carefully fold in the raspberries. Do not over mix. Fill muffin tin. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
If have leftover muffins store them covered at room temp for 2 days or refrigerate them for up to 5 days. Freeze leftovers for up to 3 months. (Yeah–they never last that long!)
Spread the love