This recipe combines the heartiness of a winter root vegetable (potato) with natural sources of vitamin c (tomatoes and bell peppers).
- 3 Potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes (Red potatoes or Yukon Gold work well)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2″ strips (seeds and membrane removed)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2″ strips (seeds and membrane removed)
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, and garlic powder. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and potatoes. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate 2 hours at room temperature.