Chickpeas (also called Garbanzo beans) are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. They are featured in the Mediterranean diet.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or allspice
- Measuring spoons
- Small baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Metal bowl
- Paper towels
1. Preheat oven 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drain chickpeas and put in bowl. Rinse in water and strain. You may need to do this multiple times to rinse them off well. Dry well with paper towels. Remove any surface “skins” that come off in the rinsing and drying process. Spread chickpeas in a single layer on baking sheet.
3. Bake 45 minutes until crispy. Stir them occasionally to cook evenly.
4. When cooked, put chickpeas in a metal bowl. While still warm, toss them in oil, honey, and cinnamon (or allspice). Adjust to taste. Spread back onto parchment paper baking sheet and cook another 10 minutes or so until caramelized.
Spread the love