It’s the week before Christmas, so that means it’s time for baking (and eating) cookies!
If you do not like the “traditional” type of Christmas cookies–sugar, ginger bread, almond, and so forth–I have some recipes for you this week that will cause Santa to leave extra presents under the tree. Be sure to check back each day for a different cookie recipe.
Let’s get this cookie party started!
Fudge Thumbprints With Raspberry Filling
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl for sugar topping
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Sift together first four ingredients (flour, cocoa, powder, soda) in medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, 2/3 cup sugar, egg and vanilla; gradually beat in flour mixture.
3. Shape dough into 32 balls; roll in 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and arrange 1 1/2 inches apart on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
4. Press your thumb into the center of each cookie; fill with preserves. Bake 10 minutes.
This is a good recipe to cook with smaller children. If they are too young to measure and stir, they can help by leaving the thumbprint in the center of the cookie!
Still looking for a present?
Spread the love