It’s the week before Christmas, so that means it’s time for baking (and eating) cookies!
If you do not like the “traditional” type of Christmas cookies–sugar, ginger bread, almond, and so forth–I have some recipes for you this week that will cause Santa to leave extra presents under the tree. Today is the last day in the cookie extravaganza, so I hope you found a cookie recipe (or two) to enjoy!
White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies
These are so tasty I recommend making a double batch!
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberrries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl for flour
- Medium bowl for icing
- 8- inch square baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking spray
- Saucepan to melt butter
- Wire rack
1. Preheat oven 350°. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom and two sides with foil, letting edges extend over sides. Coat foil with spray. Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside
2. In large bowl, beat together egg, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended. Mix in cranberries and walnuts. Spread evenly in pan. Bake about 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
3. To make glaze, in a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, cocoa and water until smooth. Drizzle over blondies. When the glaze sets, remove from pan with foil and cut into squares.
Still looking for a present?
Spread the love