This recipe can be used to make either muffins or bread. It is a healthier choice since it is made with egg whites instead of full eggs and applesauce instead of butter or oil.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups oat bran or 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 1 can (29 oz.) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- 3 loaf pans or 1 loaf pan + 24 muffin tins
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix.
3. Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, pumpkin and applesauce). Add to the well in the dry mix. Stir just until moistened.
4. Stir in the nuts and raisins. Pour batter in pans. Bake loaf 45 minutes; muffins 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Spread the love