This is a nice loaf to serve if you are entertaining during the winter months. It smells fantastic when it is baking and can be served hot from the oven.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (don’t thaw frozen)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar if you like it sweet or 2/3 cups
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Cutting board
- 4 1/2 x 13 in. greased bread pan or 2 smaller bread pans
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bread pan(s) with cooking spray. Melt butter.
2. Mix cranberries, walnuts, orange zest, and apple in small bowl. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat egg with mixer until frothy. Continue to mix, adding vanilla, butter, orange juice, and sugar.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
5. With mixer gradually add dry ingredients to wet. Blend until smooth. Stir in the cranberry-apple-nut mixture.
6. Pour batter into bread pan(s). Bake 1 hour or 30 minutes if making 2 smaller loaves or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Spread the love