This recipe was developed for the slow cooker or dutch oven by one of my beta readers (and sister-in-law) Breene. It is good for anyone who wants a nice, hot meal but doesn’t have a lot of time to cook!
Vegetable Soup with Kale
- 6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- About 1 1/2 cup peeled potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small can kidney beans or beans of choice, drained and rinsed really good
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 1-2 large leaves of kale rough cut with stem removed
- 1 small bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Large sauce pan or dutch oven
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
1. In dutch oven combine stock, onion, carrots, celery, potatoes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer 20-30 minutes until veggies are crisp tender, not completely tender.
2. Add whole can of tomatoes, beans, and kale to the soup. Bring to a boil and cook another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Remove bay leaf. Salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the love