What could be nicer on a cold winter day than a breakfast that includes healthy, warm muffins?
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large spoon
- Large, Medium, and a small bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cooking spray or paper muffin liners
- Saucepan to melt butter for Topping
1. Preheat oven 400°. Spray muffin tin or set in paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients: oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, oil and egg white. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add raisins or cranberries if desired.
4. Combine Topping ingredients; sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Spread the love