My family loves muffins. What can I say? 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or any type
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Muffin tin
- Cooking spray if not using paper muffin liners
- Paper muffin liner cups if using
- Cooling rack
1. Preheat oven 400°. In large bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In medium bowl combine egg, milk, oil and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts if desired.
3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from a pan to a wire rack.
Spread the love