If you are hosting a Super Bowl party this year, why not make some home-made snacks for your guest? These mozzarella sticks are healthier (and more flavorful!) than the frozen variety and add a more personal touch than delivery. Go Team!
- 12 Egg roll wraps about 5 1/2 by 6 1/2 large or so
- 12 String cheese sticks
- Marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Fry pan
- Paper towels
- Small bowl of water
1. The egg roll package should have general folding directions on the package which is described as folding an envelope. Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper. Fold the bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. If you fold the side too tight the wrap will tear.
2. At this point dip your finger into the small bowl of water and moisten the 2 straight edges corner of the wrap at the top that look like the top of an envelope. Continue rolling the cheese stick up tightly to seal.
3. Depending on how many cheese sticks you are making you may need to fry these in batches. Pick a large enough fry pan so that the wraps will be able to lay flat. Fill the pan with about 1/2 inch of oil. Turn on flame to medium heat. It may take a few minutes to heat up the oil. Make sure that the oil is hot enough otherwise the wrap will absorb more of the oil and taste oily. A way to check if the oil is hot enough is to carefully add a drop of water to the pan. It should sizzle when it hits the oil.
4. Using the tongs carefully set the wraps in the hot oil one at a time. Don’t overcrowd the pan. After about 1-2 minutes or so when the wraps look golden brown, carefully turn them over and fry another few minutes. Take out the wraps and drain on paper towels. Continue in the same manner with the next batch. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Starter Zone, the first book of my new YA/LitRPG series, The Revelation Chronicles, is now available on Audible!
When hydrologists inscribe the consciousness of a human mind onto a single drop of water, a Revelation sweeps the land. The wealthy race to upload their minds into self-contained virtual realities nicknamed Aquariums. In these containers people achieve every hope, dream, and desire. But governments wage war for control of the technology. Terrorist attacks cause massive destruction. The Aquariums fail. Inscribed human minds leech into the water cycle, wreaking havoc.
Street gangs rule the cities in the three years since the fall of civilization. Sixteen-year-old Cami and her younger sister Alby struggle to survive. Every drop of untreated water puts their lives in peril. Caught and imprisoned by soldiers who plan to sell them into slavery, Cami will do anything to escape and rescue her sister. Even if it means leaving the real word for a life in the realms, a new game-like reality created by the hydrologists for the chosen few.
But life in the realms isn’t as simple as it seems. Magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as the sisters navigate their new surroundings. And they encounter more dangerous enemies than any they faced in the real world.
Time to play the game.
Available Now At: