This is a healthier option for a dessert. Since cranberries are available year round, you can make this anytime.
- 1 large package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cold water, divided if using a blender
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple tidbits in its own juice (do not drain)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 package (12 oz) fresh cranberries (can be frozen or partially thawed)
- Non-Dairy Whip (optional)
- Tea kettle to boil water
- Measuring cups
- Serving bowl
- Blender or food processor
- Place gelatin into a decorative serving bowl. Dissolve with boiling water.
- Add 1 cup cold water, apple, pineapple and nuts to bowl.
- If using a blender to process the cranberries add 1/2 cup water to blender and then add the cranberries. Blend until partly chunky, mostly smooth. If using a food processor add the complete 1 1/2 cups water to the gelatin mixture. Just add cranberries to the food processor without the water.
- Add processed cranberries to the gelatin salad and stir well. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Serve and top with non-dairy whip.
In Chiaroscuro it’s important to keep the faith.
When the Temples north of Chiaroscuro are burned and followers of the Sun Goddess are murdered, Catherine, a bard of the Ealdoth Temple, sets out to find those responsible and to bring them to justice. With only the help of a traveling group of minstrels and a retired fae investigator, Catherine must solve the mystery before more people are killed.
So saddle up your clockwork mount, buckle on your electro-dagger, and join Catherine as she finds herself pitted against members of her own Temple, rogues members of the Seelie Court, and a seemingly unstoppable army of undead.
The Revelation Chronicles
Available at the following: