What is it about cold weather that makes you crave soup?
By using vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, this becomes a vegetarian/vegan dish. Either way is delicious.
- 3 cups chicken stock/vegetable stock
- 3 cups peeled and diced sweet potato
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger peeled and julienne cut (ginger can be peeled by scraping it with the side of a spoon)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Large saucepan
1. Bring stock to a boil in saucepan. Carefully add sweet potatoes and ginger to the pan. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
2. Place half of the mixture in blender and puree for about 20 seconds or until pureed. If desired to have an all puree soup, blend in 2 batches. Return puree to the pan and cook until heated through. When serving top with a pinch of ground black pepper.
While you are enjoying your soup, why not take a peek at the following books?
Spread the love