Chocolate and Cranberry Rice Crispy Squares
A healthier version of the rice crispy treat dessert with cranberries and dark chocolate added.
- 1/3 cup butter, plus extra for greasing the pan
- About 4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- About 5 cups chocolate rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Measuring cups
- Large 3- quart saucepan or stock pot
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan
1. The measurements of the marshmallows and cereal can be adjusted if you prefer a softer or firmer bar. Measure out cereal in a large bowl, set aside. Measure out dried cranberries in a small bowl breaking up any that are stuck together, set aside. Grease pan with butter.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, stirring constantly. When marshmallows are just about melted, add in cranberries. When marshmallows are completely melted, remove from heat and quickly stir in the cereal.
3. Press into the buttered pan. Cut into bars when cool.
While you enjoy one treat, why not check out another? My new book, Fierce, is free for a limited time. Click HERE for more details.