This makes a tasty brunch treat (think coffee cake but with lemons) but can be served any time of the day.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, optional
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- Cooking spray
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 9×5 loaf pan
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in oil, juice, peel, vanilla extract and, if desired, poppy seeds. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating just until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with 3-4 tablespoons of Tubinado Cane Sugar. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Spread the love