Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Chips
This cool treat is easy to make and is a healthy mix of fruit and dark chocolate.
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 ripe but firm bananas, peeled cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Assorted toppings for coating bananas: sprinkles, toffee bits, shredded coconut, etc.
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Heavy small saucepan
- Baking sheet that fits in the freezer space
- Aluminum foil
1. Place each topping of choice in a separate shallow dish. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Stir chocolate and oil in a heavy small saucepan over low heat just until smooth. Drop a banana piece in chocolate and coat using a fork. With the fork, without piercing banana, lift out one piece of banana and tap side of pan to shake off excess chocolate.
3. Place dipped banana on foil lined baking sheet. Using a clean hand or a spoon, sprinkle choice of topping over banana to coat.
4. Repeat with remaining bananas, chocolate, and toppings. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours, then serve.