As I gear up with writing and editing, I need these go-to quick and easy (and healthy) dishes more than ever.
Portobello Caps and Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- About 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese depending on cap size
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cooking spray
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 9 x 9 glass dish
- Aluminum foil
1. Preheat oven 375°. Spread sauce in the bottom of baking dish. Arrange mushroom caps, gill side up, on top of the sauce. Sprinkle cheese to cover top of each mushroom cap. Sprinkle oregano and basil over caps. Spray piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray to prevent cheese from sticking. Cover dish with foil and seal tightly.
2. Bake 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with a fresh green salad and crusty bread.
Spread the love