If you are participating in JuNoWriMo, you will need some quick and easy meals to prepare this month. This Chicken Salad Pita fits the bill for any busy author.
Chicken Salad Pita (Makes about 8 servings)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
1. In large bowl, whisk together 2 cups mayonnaise, the lemon juice, pepper and garlic salt. Toss in remaining ingredients. If mixture seems dry, add more mayonnaise. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper. Chill 2 to 4 hours before serving.