This is a traditional Midwestern recipe usually served as a side-dish. You can’t make a meal of meats and carbs alone. Well, you can, actually, but it’s nice to have a tasty vegetable dish to balance out your plate.
Creamy Cauliflower Pea Salad
- 1/2 cup water
- Half head cauliflower cut in bite size pieces (about 10 oz.)
- English Peas fresh or frozen (about 10 oz.)
- 1 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons commercial reduced-calorie ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Cheddar cheese
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
- Combine water, cauliflower, and peas in saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp tender; drain well.
- Combine cauliflower mixture and remaining ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Serve warm or chilled. Before serving top with small bite size pieces of cheddar cheese.
While your home fills up with the tasty aromas of an earlier time, you can indulgently curl up with a good book. May I suggest Traveler’s Zone?
Chris Pavesic continues the amazing story of Cami Malifux with Book 2 of the Revelation Chronicles.
Escape from a world of darkness into a magical realm of limitless adventure.
In Starter Zone Cami kept herself and her younger sister Alby alive in a post-apocalyptic world, facing starvation, violence, and death on a daily basis. Caught by the military and forcefully inscribed, Cami manages to scam the system and they enter the Realms, a Virtual Reality world, as privileged Players rather than slaves. They experience a world of safety, plenty, and magical adventure.
In the Traveler’s Zone magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as Cami continues her epic quest to navigate the Realms and build a better life for her family. But an intrusion from her old life threatens everything she has gained and imperils the entire virtual world.
Time to play the game.