This vegetarian soup is a refreshing summer treat perfect for either lunch or dinner.
Cantaloupe and Chia Soup with Mint
- 1 large cantaloupe (about 3 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus small sprigs for garnish
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Large spoon
- Large bowl
- Halve melon, scoop out seeds and remove rind. Cut flesh into large chunks. (About 6 cups)
- Working in batches if necessary, combine cantaloupe, honey, and orange juice in a blender. Pulse or blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, briskly whisk soup and stir in mint. Serve very cold, garnished with sprigs of mint if desired.
While you enjoy your soup, you can indulgently curl up with a good book. May I suggest Traveler’s Zone?
[button text=”Purchase at Amazon” link=”https://amzn.to/2NvLRLK” align=”center”]
[button text=”Purchase at Smashwords” link=”https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/891019″ align=”center”]
Chris Pavesic continues the amazing story of Cami Malifux with Book 2 of the Revelation Chronicles.
Escape from a world of darkness into a magical realm of limitless adventure.
In Starter Zone Cami kept herself and her younger sister Alby alive in a post-apocalyptic world, facing starvation, violence, and death on a daily basis. Caught by the military and forcefully inscribed, Cami manages to scam the system and they enter the Realms, a Virtual Reality world, as privileged Players rather than slaves. They experience a world of safety, plenty, and magical adventure.
In the Traveler’s Zone magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as Cami continues her epic quest to navigate the Realms and build a better life for her family. But an intrusion from her old life threatens everything she has gained and imperils the entire virtual world.
Time to play the game.