Looking for a treat, but don’t want all the fat that comes from a traditional fried doughnut? Try these Healthy Baked & Glazed Chocolate Doughnuts!
- 1-1/4 cups moist-style devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (from a can)
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- 6- Cavity doughnut pan
- Small bowl
- Preheat oven 400°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, egg whites, and water. Mix until completely smooth and uniform. Evenly distribute into the rings of the doughnut pan sprayed with nonstick spray and smooth out the tops. Bake about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out mostly clean.
- While doughnuts cool, make the glaze. Whisk all glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and uniform. Dunk cooled doughnuts into the glaze, coating the tops. Let set, then enjoy.
Looking for a good book? Why not check out these!
Available in print, ebook, and Audible at Amazon.