If you want to include more fruit and vegetables in your family’s diet, this Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread is a delicious start!
• 3/4 cup all purpose flour
• 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 – 3/4 cup sugar depending on sweetness of banana
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup shredded zucchini
• 1 cup mashed ripe banana
• 1/2 cup each walnuts, raisins/dried cranberries, chocolate chips (optional)
• Nonstick cooking spray
• Measuring cups
• Measuring spoons
• Large bowl
• Medium bowl
• Loaf pan
• Cooling rack
1. Preheat oven 350°. Coat loaf pan with cooking spray. In large bowl whisk in flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini and banana until combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Add extra optional ingredients like walnuts, raisins/dried cranberries or chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Pour mixture into loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes and then turn out loaf onto a rack to cool completely.
Looking for a good book? Why not check out these!
Available in print, ebook, and Audible at Amazon.