During the holidays, don’t most of us need extra time? This beef stew is quick to prepare and can simmer while you do other things.
- 2 pounds beef (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of allspice
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Large Frying Pan with Cover
- Measuring Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board
- Brown meat in hot oil. Add water, salt, pepper, paprika, and allspice. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots and celery. Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes longer.
- To thicken gravy, remove 2 cups hot liquid. Using a separate bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth. Mix with a little hot liquid and return mixture to pot. Stir and cook until bubbly. Top with parsley flakes and serve.
After you enjoy your meal, why not read a good book?
Chris Pavesic continues the amazing story of Cami Malifux with Book 2 of the Revelation Chronicles.
Escape from a world of darkness into a magical realm of limitless adventure.
In Starter Zone Cami kept herself and her younger sister Alby alive in a post-apocalyptic world, facing starvation, violence, and death on a daily basis. Caught by the military and forcefully inscribed, Cami manages to scam the system and they enter the Realms, a Virtual Reality world, as privileged Players rather than slaves. They experience a world of safety, plenty, and magical adventure.
In the Traveler’s Zone magic, combat, gear scores, quests, and dungeons are all puzzles to be solved as Cami continues her epic quest to navigate the Realms and build a better life for her family. But an intrusion from her old life threatens everything she has gained and imperils the entire virtual world.
Time to play the game.