Celebrate National Soup Week with a tasty treat made with typical items found in your cupboard.
- 2 boneless pork chops, cubed
- 15 oz. chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 29 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 15 oz. cannellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (10 oz.) Cut leaf spinach, thawed
- Parmesan cheese
- Canola oil
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Deep saucepan or Dutch oven
- Cutting board
1. In saucepan/Dutch oven, heat about 2 tablespoons oil; brown pork. Remove pork when browned. In same skillet, heat some more oil if needed; saute onion about 3-5 minutes.
2. Return pork to pan with onion. Add all ingredients except spinach, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Bring back to a boil; stir in spinach and heat through. Top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese prior to serving.
While you eat your soup, why not enjoy a good book?