Celebrate the final day of National Soup month with a healthy blended cauliflower and mushroom soup.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. sliced assorted fresh mushrooms
- 2-4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 lbs. cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 5 cups water
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Soup pot/Dutch oven
- Blender/Immersion blender
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in soup pot/Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 5-8 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pot and cook onions, stirring, 3-5 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and 5 cups water. Simmer 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
3. Puree in blender (in batches) or immersion blender until smooth. If using a blender, return soup to pot. Add mushrooms and Parmesan. Season to taste. Bring just to a simmer.
4. Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle evenly with 1 tablespoon oil.
While you eat your meal, why not enjoy a good book?