Healthy food doesn’t need to be boring. In fact it can be outright delicious!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups plain couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cubed peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (scallion)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons distilled vinegar (or whatever is on hand)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta cheese)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (or almonds chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cup
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Small skillet
1. Pour pine nuts into skillet and cook on medium heat. Toast about 2 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Set aside to cool.
2. In a saucepan, bring the orange juice and water to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover; remove from heat and let stand for 5-7 minutes.
3. Transfer to a large bowl, and fluff with a fork.
4. Add the cranberries, cucumber, parsley, and green onion, mixing well.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, honey, and garlic.
6. Pour the dressing over the couscous, mixing well, and stir in the goat cheese and pine nuts, carefully tossing together.
7. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.