The key to this dish is the avocado dressing for the spaghetti. Feel free to substitute in any meats, fish, tofu or vegetables you like for the toppings; this is just a template for any number of quick, delicious meals.
Creamy Avocado, Bacon, and Vegetable Pasta
- 1/2 lb. prepared whole wheat spaghetti per package directions.
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water, divided
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- Kernals from 1 ear corn (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 4 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh basil/dried
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
- Large skillet
- Food processor/blender
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. In skillet over medium-high heat cook bacon until crisp and remove. Reserve one tablespoon of oil in pan. Add zucchini, corn, red bell pepper, scallions and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic the last 1-2 minutes.
2. In food processor, puree avocado, 1/4 cup pasta water, and lemon juice until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 cup water if necessary and season with salt and pepper. In skillet, toss veggies, pasta, and avocado puree. Serve with crumbled bacon and fresh/dried basil.
Spread the love