Even seasoned cooks can be anxious about cooking fish, but nothing could be simpler than using canned salmon. This is a very quick and easy recipe.
Warm Salmon & Dill Pasta with Asparagus
- 7-1/2 oz. can salmon, drained or cooked salmon
- 1-1/2 cup asparagus pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2-1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper or to taste
- 4 cups cooked farfalle/bow tie pasta or any shape pasta
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Bowl of very cold water
1. Cook pasta according to directions. In skillet boil enough water to cover asparagus pieces. Add salt to water and asparagus. Cook 3-4 minutes depending on thickness. Drain asparagus and immediately transfer to very cold water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process.
2. In large bowl mix all ingredients except pasta. When pasta is cooked and drained add to bowl and mix.
Spread the love