This Orange Sherbet can be made with regular milk, but I prefer the dairy-free version. I use coconut milk because it picks up the flavor of the orange and lemon better than almond milk. (The almond flavor could override the citrus flavors.) If you have a suggestion for a vegetarian/vegan gelatin substitute let me know in the comments below. I’d love to try it!
- 1 package (3 oz.) orange gelatin (with sugar)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3-3/4 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Optional: toppings of mini chocolate chips, coconut, sprinkles, etc.
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Freezer-tray or metal loaf pan
- Electric beater
1. In large bowl add boiling water and sprinkle in gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add coconut milk and lemon juice.
2. Pour into a freezer-tray or metal loaf pan. Freeze until three-fourths frozen (depending on container about 4 hours or more). Meanwhile put beaters into freezer.
3. Take out mixture from freezer and scoop out contents into a large bowl. Remove beaters from freezer to use. Whip sherbet until creamy. Return to tray/pan and freeze until firm.
Sprinkle with favorite toppings if desired. I used dairy-free, soy-free dark chocolate chips.
Books available at Amazon.com or wherever books are sold.
Spread the love