This recipe includes fresh ingredients and non-dairy sour cream. It is a little bit spicy, so mix to taste. I tend to go heavy on the cilantro and eliminate the garlic when I cook for my family. My sister-in-law Breene adds extra garlic.
- 1/2 cup coconut sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- olive oil
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- BBQ utensils
- Large shallow dish or large bowl if taking corn off cob
- Knife if taking off cob
- Paper towels
1. Heat grill to high and coat rack with folded paper towel dipped in oil using tongs.
2. Stir together sour cream, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in large, shallow dish if eating corn directly from cob; if planning to cut off kernels from cob, ingredients can be mixed in a large bowl.
3. Grill corn until browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Coat with sour cream mixture on the cob or remove kernels and add to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and chili powder.
Books available at Amazon.com or wherever books are sold.