If you have issues with dairy, coconut milk may be a wonderful discovery. This vegan substitute works just like traditional dairy products and includes coconut sour cream, whipping cream, yogurt, ice cream, and other types of creamy products.
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 cups small broccoli florets (from 1 large head)
- 1/2 cup coconut sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dried cranberries
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large pot
- Large bowl
- Slotted spoon
- Strainer or towel-lined plate
- Medium bowl
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts water and 3 tablespoons salt to a boil. Add the broccoli, and cook until florets are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. When the broccoli is done, remove it from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and put it in the ice bath to stop the cooking. Transfer to the strainer or towel-lined plate to drain.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the coconut sour cream, vinegar, and orange juice. Season with pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add broccoli and cranberries; toss to coat.
Books available at Amazon.com or wherever books are sold.