Cool, creamy, and delicious! This dairy-free salad will be a tasty treat for lunch or dinner.
- 3 cucumbers (about 1 1/2 lbs.), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1-2 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup tightly packed dill fronds, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste (extra pinch or two needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Measuring spoons
- Mandolin or cutting board
- Medium bowl
1. In colander mix cucumbers with 1-2 pinches of salt. Let sit for 20 minutes to remove excess moisture. After 20 minutes pat cucumbers dry.
2. In medium bowl combine the rest of ingredients. Add cucumbers and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings.
After you enjoy your snack, why not read a good book?