This fruit crisp is vegetarian/vegan and is a wonderful dessert addition to the end of any meal.
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen sliced peeled peaches, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries, undrained
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons uncooked rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons crisp rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 8 inch round baking pan
- 2 Small bowls
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine peaches and blueberries in ungreased baking pan. Combine granulated sugar and nutmeg in small bowl. Sprinkle over fruit; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle almonds on top.
2. Combine oats, rice cereal, flour, brown sugar, margarine, and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown. Makes 4 servings. Can be served over frozen yogurt or ice cream if desired.
After you enjoy your dessert, why not read a good book?