This dessert uses a cake mix to save time/effort. However the extra touches make it feel (and taste) homemade!
- 1 (15.25 oz.) Pkg. Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) Instant Lemon Pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Fresh fruit for toppings: blueberries or sliced strawberries
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- 2 greased loaf pans or 8 greased mini loaf pans
1. Preheat oven 350°. In large bowl blend all ingredients with electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Pour into greased pans. Bake 35-40 minutes if using larger loaf pans. If using mini loaves bake 20-25 minutes. Loaves are done when a toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans and then remove to cool completely on a rack. Before serving top with fresh blueberries or strawberries.
After you enjoy your dessert, why not read a good book?