The gingersnaps add a nice complimentary flavor to the pumpkin and butterscotch. However you can substitute any flavor of cookie that you enjoy.
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 oz.) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping, divided
- Approximately 20-25 gingersnap cookies, plus whole cookies for garnish
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Food processor
- Individual serving dishes
1. Place cookies in food processor. Pulse until cookies are crumbles but not too finely ground to make approximately 1 cup. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, and allspice; fold into pudding. Fold 1/2 cup whipped topping. Reserve rest for garnish.
3. Measurements depend on size of serving dishes. Measure about 1/4 cup gingersnap crumbles in bottom of serving dish. Pour about 1/2 cup pudding on top of crumbles. Top with another 1/4 cup gingersnap crumbles. Scoop about 1/2 cup pudding on top of crumbles. Repeat steps for other serving dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Upon serving top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with a whole gingersnap cookie.