These were the cookies my family asked for this holiday season. I hope you and your family will enjoy them as well. If you make them, let me know how they turned out in the comments below.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chocolate semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium bowl
- Small shallow bowl
- Parchment paper or silicone baking sheet
- Baking sheets
- Wire racks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg and beat until combined. Beat in molasses and vanilla.
2. In medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and ground ginger. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Shape dough into 30 (1-1/2 inch) balls (dough will be sticky). Place granulated sugar in a shallow bowl; roll balls twice in granulated sugar. Arrange balls 2 inches apart on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone sheet.
4. Working in 2 batches, bake in preheated oven until tops are crackly but cookies are still soft to the touch, 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Spread the love