For the picture I served it cold on top of plain coconut yogurt.
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup orange juice
- 12 dried figs, cut into halves or quarters if large
- 12 dried apricot halves or quarters if large
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium saucepan
1. Drain pineapple; reserve juice. In medium saucepan combine pineapple juice, orange juice, figs, apricots, and orange peel. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until fruits are tender. The last 5 minutes of cooking add cinnamon, allspice, and cloves.
2. Remove from heat and stir in honey and pineapple chunks. Serve warm or chilled. Serves 4.
After you enjoy your treat, why not read a good book?