Looking for a healthier version of deviled eggs? These have all the flavor but none of the guilt!
- 1/4 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup roasted garlic or any flavor hummus
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small bowl
1. Combine cucumber, tomato, lemon juice and salt in small bowl; gently mix.
2. Remove yolks from cooked eggs; discard. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon hummus into each egg half. Top with 1/2 teaspoon cucumber-tomato mixture and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
After you enjoy your snack, why not read a good book?