- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Olive Oil to coat the pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- 9-inch springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Electric mixer
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line springform pan with parchment paper and coat with olive oil.
2. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in medium bowl until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Set aside. (Do not wash beaters.)
3. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl until thick and light. With mixer running at medium speed, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add yogurt, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, and salt and beat to combine. At low speed, add flour and beat just until combined, Gently fold egg white mixture into batter in three additions until no streaks of white remain.
4. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until center of cake is set, 45-50 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
5. Remove cake from pan. Just before serving, dust top of cake with confectioners’ sugar, and cut into 10 slices.
After you enjoy your dessert, why not read a good book?