This is a good “pantry” meal–which is a meal where you use items from your refrigerator/pantry to create a healthy, tasty dish.
This dish is made for substitutions. Any type of vegetables will do. You can even use canned vegetables if you drain them well. Also–any type of cream soup works. I am fond of cream of celery and mushroom for pot pies.
If you do not have fresh turkey/chicken, substitute chicken in a can or even tuna fish.
Let your creativity be your guide.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cut up cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 cup Bisquick Original Baking Mix
- 1 egg
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- 8 x 8 inch square baking dish
- Whisk or fork
1. Heat oven to 400°. In large bowl mix vegetables, turkey, soup, and 1/2 cup milk. Pour into ungreased baking dish. In medium bowl whisk together Bisquick, 1/2 cup milk, and egg until blended. Spread over vegetable mix completely. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
After you enjoy your meal, why not read a good book?