This is a quick and easy recipe. With the meat shortages these days, you may find yourself looking for a recipe that works with canned chicken. You can substitute 6 cups of canned chicken for the regular 6 cups of chopped cooked chicken.
This is also a good “pantry recipe.” Red grapes freeze very well. I always try to buy a few extra bunches and freeze them for when you can’t get them fresh.
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, sliced lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Serve with your favorite crackers or bed of lettuce
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Cutting board
1. In large bowl mix all ingredients except walnuts and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, fold in walnuts. Enjoy with your favorite crackers or on a bed of lettuce.
After you enjoy your meal, why not read a good book?