Not just for picnics anymore! Potato salad is a side dish that can go with almost any meal. Enhancing a recipe with an array of spices or creative add-ins can result in something that’s truly unique and flavorful.
This version of the traditional dish adds a bit of zing with fresh lemon zest and juice.
- 2-1/2 lbs. red potatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- fresh ground pepper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large pot
- Large bowl
1. Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are just tender 15-20 minutes depending on size. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest and juice, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and ground pepper; stir in celery.
3. Peel potatoes and cut into bite size pieces and then add to dressing and gently toss to combine. Fold in chives. Put in fridge for a couple of hours for flavors to absorb.
After you enjoy your meal, why not read a good book?